Fall Fair 2017
Each fall we organize the Fall Fair event to support, promote, and recognize
skill development in various categories for both juniors and adults. The
2017 event is scheduled to take place on September 2, 2017 at the La Crete
We are making some changes for the 2017 event that we want you to be aware
of so you can prepare yourselves over the winter and summer months. We are
committing to these changes for 2017 year only at this time.
1. Instead of having one junior and one adult winner based on the most
ribbon points we will be paying out $1 per ribbon point. A First prize
ribbon equals three points, a second prize ribbon equals two points and a
third prize ribbon equals one point.
2. We will have a selection of special categories with cash prizes.
In the junior category, we'll be giving out four $10 prizes for:
- The best 2017 coloring page of the year (picture found in the back of the booklet)
- The best photo of roosters
- The best decorated cake
- The best 100 word essay about why you like living in Canada.
In the adult category, we'll be giving out eight $25 prizes for:
- The biggest pumpkin (juniors can enter adult categories too)
- The biggest and best Dahlia flower
- Best white flower bouquet
- Best mixed pickles
- Most creative pie
- Best Canadian fall quilt
- Best poem about Canada
- Best photo of Jubilee Park
Prizes are sponsored by Farm Credit Canada
Full details are found in the Fall Fair Booklet which can be downloaded below.